If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (866) 938-7797

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
STOWE: (802) 253-0008; Located at: 541 S Main St Unit 2, Stowe, VT 05672

Understanding Mold

9/12/2017 (Permalink)

Mold in the basement is a common problem for homeowners due to being damp and humid.

Mold is a problem that homeowners have been dealing with for centuries. When there is a greater concentration of mold spores is when mold becomes a problem.

Mold needs three things to thrive: a source of food, an ideal temperature and moisture. Mold will feed on dirt and dust which is present in every home. Most homes are kept at a temperature that is ideal for mold growth. As for moisture? Moisture can come in more than one form. Most people believe that you need to have experienced some kind of water damage (i.e. flooding, burst pipe, etc.) to encourage mold growth. While that can be true, especially if remediation isn't done within 24-48 hours, this is not always the case. If your home has a relative humidity of 60% or higher, mold can grow in your home regardless if you have experienced a water damage or not. A musty smell is usually the first sign that you have mold in your Vermont home. 

Finding mold in your home or business can be panic inducing, that is what we are here for. We have a great, professional team of highly trained technicians to make your mold problem "Like it never even happened."

If you have a mold problem - ACT QUICKLY - mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.

Call our office to schedule an inspection 802-655-7797.

Other News

View Recent Posts