Why Clean Air Ducts?
The best answer... because they get dirty.
The air ducts in your home provide a very important function. They circulate the air from your heating and cooling system into and out of each room, which allows for consistent interior comfort regardless of the season. The air that cycles through your ducts is the same air that completely fills your living environment and it is the same air that you and your family breathe. As such, you want the air to be as clean as possible.
Over time dust, dirt, pollen, mold spores and other bacteria get trapped in your home and reduce your indoor air quality.
Several factors that increase the need for regular HVAC system cleaning:
- Water or smoke contamination to the home or HVAC system.
- If you own pets. Pet dander can skyrocket the amount of contaminants present in your duct system and necessitate a more frequent cleaning.
- Offensive odors from the HVAC system.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Mold, mildew or microbial growth.
- Your home has undergone upgrades or renovation. Remodeling and constructions generates a huge mess and loads of it will end up in your ducts. It's a good idea to get a duct cleaning after any major (or even minor, depending on the nature of the job) remodeling.
- Sensitivity to allergens. If you, or anyone in your home, suffers from allergy related complications, a duct cleaning should be in order fairly frequently.
- You've recently moved. If you've moved into a new place, it's a really good idea to start things off right with a clean duct system. Odds are, it hasn't been cleaned in ages!
If you need it clean, call our team, SERVPRO of Winooski/Stowe 802-655-7797.